Wednesday, September 15, 2010

King of the Koopa

I know I said before that I was going to rant about why Bowser will forever fail, but I've changed my mind. I'm allowed to do that. Instead I want to talk about how wonderful the creation of Bowser as a villain is. Bowser is fantastic example of classic villainy; He's a monster, he kidnaps princesses (or at least one), and he hates the hero of the story. He has hordes upon hordes of minions a his disposal, but are any of these minions intelligent or skillful? No, they're minions. That's what minions are, cannon fodder to be sent of in waves to die for that chance when one minion might be able to accidentally hurt the target. It makes sense that his army of Koopas is completely stupid, because that's why he's the one in charge. He's the only one with drive and clarity of vision, the only one with a plan. And yes, the plan. Perhaps its just me, but isn't odd that Bowser continually kidnaps the Princess for no apparent reason? His plan isn't publicized to the world so that some shmuck can unravel it, no, he keeps it mysterious and secret. All marks of a great villain. I have a complete list and formula for all attributes great villains should have, but that's for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment